From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-22 19:48:03

> Personally all I would do is change the "timers_local_include.hpp" to
> <boost/timers/local_include.hpp> (I've done this locally as well).

I'm not quite usre what you meant by that... I don't have an header named
"timers_local_include.hpp" at the moment... I guess you mean use <>
inclusion rather than "" inclusion, and yes I agree with that. As at the
moment the library is more to be used for testing I made it so you don't
need to put in in /boost for it to work.

What are the requirements on devices? Do they need to be copyable? Do
> they need to start stopped? Do they need to be cheap to pass-by-value?
> etc.

That's something to be defined... There are other questions like should be
able to change the timeing device at runtime ? At the moment I focus my
efforts on collecting informations the available apis so I know about their
portability and I'm writing tests so I can measure their overhead &
resolution and categorize them... but it's quite more work than I expected
:)

Interestingly a typo in my code led me to a timer that used another
> timer as its device... funny that timer appears to satisfy the
> requirements of the TimingDevice concept.

Hehe interesting, there are still open questions about what exactly a
timeing device should be (what members it'd provide, what support it'd offer
etc).

At the moment I'm a bit working too much and I barely have time to work on
the library which is a shame.
I expect to have more free time in august and I hope I'd be able to submit
it around september for a review.

Thank you for your input it's really appreciated.
Philippe