From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-24 05:52:15

Brilliant! This has been bugging me for some time :-)

I've refined it a bit by using in Custom build

Command line: "$(TargetDir)$(TargetName).exe" (and more perhaps)

This makes the source filename appear too - a useful feature when you get confused about various versions in different directories.

Output: c:\dummy_file_used_by_autorun.txt

The dummy_file seems to be deleted after each run so a longer and more unique name might be wiser.

How does one write output to it?

On rebuild, the output window shows, for example:

Compiling...
test_cauchy_mean.cpp
Linking...
Generating code
Finished generating code
Embedding manifest...
Autorun "i:\boost-06-05-03-1300\libs\math\test\Math_test\release\test_cauchy_mean.exe"
Running 1 test case...
1.#QNAN
errno = 33
errno is EDOM
*** No errors detected
Build Time 0:08

Alt B U does a re-build.

Ctrl F5 re-runs and also shows output in the cmd.exe window.

F5 is not so useful - debugs - but you may want this (but there are never any bugs in programs of course ;-).

Question: How could on get the date and time (clock or file saved) into this output (without changing the source program)?

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]