From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-31 21:11:44

On Jul 31, 2007, at 7:42 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:

> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>> Please report any problems to me to the main Boost list, and we will
>> try to resolve them as quickly as possible.
>
> I just checked out the svn repository, and I noticed that every file I
> ever deleted from the cvs repository is back. For instance, the entire
> directory "boost/xpressive/detail/static/productions" is old dead
> code I
> deleted eons ago, and now it lives again. This is a major problem, if
> it's happening to other people, too.

I'm guessing this is related to
        http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/faq.html#atticprob
and is caused by corruption in the SourceForge CVS repository that
had some files in both a CVS directory and in the Attic. I don't know
how this corruption occurred, but the safest route (from the
perspective of preserving history) is to keep both copies of the
files. That may be what happened here.

I wonder what other files are affected... I'll be happy to clean this
up if we can figure out how to identify these files.

        - Doug