From: Chris Lattner (clattner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-02 13:32:28

On Sep 2, 2007, at 5:14 AM, Andrew Sutton wrote:
> I guess I'm trying to say that there are a broad class of operations
> on source code that require a holistic view of the text rather than a
> fully preprocessed and lexical view - and the ability to build a
> partial AST on top of it. I think it will be interesting to see if
> llvm/clang is capable of addressing the two different approaches to
> source code analysis.

That's interesting! This sounds like a broad subfield of program
transformations that I (obviously) know almost nothing about. :) My
guess is that clang will provide a significant amount of useful
infrastructure, but does not directly help people interested in these
things yet. If you or anyone else was interested in working on this
and pushing it forward, we would welcome it.

-Chris