From: Chris Lattner (clattner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-02 13:36:15

On Sep 2, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:

> Doug Gregor wrote:
>> Hello fellow Boosters,
>
>> Apple has begun development of "Clang", which aims to be a high-
>> quality C/C++ parser and compiler. Clang is designed as a library for
>> C++ tools, from IDE-supported tools like indexing, searching, and
>
> How cross-platform is this project? It is fair to assume that the
> Mac is
> a prime target. What about windows, linux...?

Like the LLVM optimizer and code generator, we aim for it to be
widely portable, including windows and linux. However, most
developers on clang currently use mac's, so there may be bugs on
other platforms that haven't been noticed yet. For example, Hartmut
recently discovered that we were opening files in ascii mode instead
of binary mode on windows, which caused some testsuite failures.

-Chris