From: Kevin Sopp (baraclese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-12 16:48:23

Hello,

I uploaded a crypto library to the vault
http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=crypto_v01.zip&directory=&
which provides some cryptographic primitives.

Message Digest algorithms: MD4, MD5, RIPEMD128, RIPEMD160, RIPEMD256,
RIPEMD320, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512

Message Authentication Code: HMAC

Block Ciphers: Blowfish, Rijndael

Block Cipher Modes: Electronic Code Book Mode, Cipher Block Chaining Mode

Padding Modes : Zero padding, One and zeros padding

Stream Cipher: RC4

Example - construction of a blowfish cipher in CBC mode with zero padding:

typedef boost::crypto::block_cipher<
  boost::crypto::blowfish_cipher,
  boost::crypto::cbc_mode,
  boost::crypto::zero_padding
> my_cipher;

The documentation is quite incomplete, no examples are provided.
Please have a look at the test directory to see these things in
action. The reason I'm posting this now is that I don't think I will
have enough time in the near future to spend on this code. The code
which exists now is good though, I still have some todos in my head
but it's usable as it is.

Kevin Sopp