From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-13 05:58:16

&filename=crypto_v01.zip&directory=&
>which provides some cryptographic primitives.
>
>Message Digest algorithms: MD4, MD5, RIPEMD128, RIPEMD160, RIPEMD256,
>RIPEMD320, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512
>
>Message Authentication Code: HMAC
>
>Block Ciphers: Blowfish, Rijndael
>
>Block Cipher Modes: Electronic Code Book Mode, Cipher Block
>Chaining Mode
>
>Padding Modes : Zero padding, One and zeros padding
>
>Stream Cipher: RC4
>

>Example - construction of a blowfish cipher in CBC mode with
>zero padding:
>
>typedef boost::crypto::block_cipher<
> boost::crypto::blowfish_cipher,
> boost::crypto::cbc_mode,
> boost::crypto::zero_padding
>> my_cipher;
>
>The documentation is quite incomplete, no examples are provided.
>Please have a look at the test directory to see these things in
>action. The reason I'm posting this now is that I don't think I will
>have enough time in the near future to spend on this code. The code
>which exists now is good though, I still have some todos in my head
>but it's usable as it is.

This looks a most valuable library in the making - but needs a modest amount more work to be Boostable.

Some more work on the docs - already in Quickbook format.

I didn't spot test in using the Boost.test structure.

And examples for the Cryptogrpahically challenged would make this much more widely useful.

Would this be a good GSoC project for someone next year?

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]