From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-15 09:59:05

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> On Thursday 13 September 2007 00:51:08 Tobias Schwinger wrote:
>> as you probably know there's a Service Pack for Visual Studio 2005 which
>> fixes a significant number of bugs.
>
> Where? I guess most of these are not in the compiler, right?

No, there are quite a few compiler fixes. See:

     http://tinyurl.com/ypk367

_MSC_VER and _MSC_FULL_VER are the same for the updated C++ compiler.
The build ID (where there's no macro to query it until VC2008) is
different (the one needs a workaround to compile my code, the other one
doesn't).

>> Solutions anyone?
>
> I might be able to find an installation without service pack in order to diff
> the included headers, but not before monday. If the fixes were there, it
> should be possible to detect that then.

I was thinking about checking for this bug

     http://tinyurl.com/2xyvxs

(seems the attachments are not disclosed by the bug tracker). And I had
hoped to find someone here who knows exactly how to do it.

Checking for changes in the standard library might be another option,
although I didn't find a fix that's looking very promising.

There's a non-SP1 MSVC8 compiler included in the Windows SDK, so there
should be both versions on most Windows developer boxes...

Regards,
Tobias