From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 12:18:25

Beman Dawes wrote:

[...]

> But that isn't the case. Every added compiler delays the release. So the
> question becomes what compilers can we include and still grind out a
> release by, say, mid-November?

You seem to be saying that the last release was delayed for so long because
there were so many platforms with too long turn around times for testing.

I don't think that was the case. It for sure isn't what my experience as a
long term regression tester for an exotic platform was.

In the year it took for the release to happen, I had Tru64/CXX down to zero
regressions quite a few times, despite the long test cycle. Then, the code
would site there for a few weeks without any changes, only to be broken by
some minor or major check-in afterwards.

[...]

Markus