From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-06 15:41:29

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Would it be possible to implement all the rules currently enforced by the
> Boost inspect tool?

I would need to see what inspect does before answering this question.

> BTW: Inspect allows to switch off certain tests for a particular file by
> inserting special comments into this file. Does Vera++ support something
> like this?

Currently, this is not built-in.
However, the rules themselves might contain appropriate check - after
all, they see all tokens, including "special" comments.

But I would rather do it differently and externally to the source files
in question - make a separate list of "exceptions" and feed it to Vera++.
This way the files themselves would be free of any such "meta"-mess and
they would not need to change just because some day somebody decides to
use another checking tool.
Does it make sense?

In any case, this functionality seems to be needed, so will be added to
the next release of the tool.

Regards,

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com