From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 11:46:41

Hi Jeff!

On 10/9/07, Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> > I'm not sure how the subversion access
> > works, but will it be alright if this library continues to get
> > developed in the sandbox? Is there a specific process for that?
>
> Yes, this is the point of the sandbox. More details at
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSubversion
>
> Basically you need to send the moderators and email and we will send you an
> invite for sandbox svn access.

Great! I'll be sending an email later.

> > And
> > would this be a candidate for a mini-review once the appropriate
> > documentation and "boostification" process gets done? Or would this
> > merit a full review just like the other libraries that try to become
> > part of the Boost C++ Library?
>
> Not sure yet on that -- it has to be a fairly small utility to be a
> mini-review. In it's an existing library extension the current library author
> may just accept it as an extension and add it to the library. Not sure how
> this really fits yet...

Right now I'm thinking maybe this should be a separate library (or a
small utility class) that builds upon or depends on Boost.Function.
However, if Doug (or Joel, and everybody else) thinks otherwise, and
that this should be merged into Boost.Function as an overload
extension, that would be acceptable as well.

Either way, we still need to write documentation and more tests, so in
the meantime I'd love to get this (and the documentation) into the
sandbox so that others can play around with it as well.

> Jeff

Thanks for the timely response Jeff! It's definitely appreciated.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.