From: Marco (mrcekets_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-11 07:36:42

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:38:15 +0200, Marco Costalba <mcostalba_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 10/10/07, Dean Michael Berris <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks, Dean, Marco and Marco and all else for your work on this!
>> > Amazing folks!
>> >

> Thanks to you and Dean for the big help to let me start with boost
> libraries, and a special thank to Marco Cecchetti for the ideas and
> the implementations from which I have learned a lot of tricks.

Oh I learnt from your code, too.
(For instance the SFINAE compiler workaround )

> Just to end up this very nice experience I have posted in Vault my
> library with added support for functors, so now I would say all that
> was planned has been implemented.
>
> http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=overload_slim.tar.bz2&directory=&
>

> I had very little time this week, even no time to check Marco's
> implementation!!
>
> I have checked only this afternoon and it helped finishing my
> implementation.

I'm glad to hear that you found it useful.

> After looking at Marco's work I have decided to call mine "slim"
> overload, because it's less then half then the former. Of course is
> also much less feature packed, there is only the bare minimum to work
> as advertised: overloading of functions or functors with hidden
> handling of indices and hidden container, tuples in this case.

Indeed, your implementation can be a simple fitting solution in several
contexts. :-)

> I have tried to stick to Marco's API to easy the review and comparing
> for interested people, in particular the use of set() and other little
> things.
>
> You can look, as usual, at test program for getting a quick idea.
>
> Thanks again to everybody
> Marco
>

> BTW it seems to pass a good buch of tests...

Thanks to you Marco,
I hope that you find the time to propose your hints and suggestions,
they will be very appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Marco