From: Sean Huang (huangsean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-14 14:25:00

The thread lib has recently gone through drastic changes. These much needed
changes are very welcome and I really appreciate Anthony's work and efforts.
We use boost::thread heavily in our mission/performance critical application
and the quality and stability of the boost::thread code is paramount to us.
With the recent changes and what happened in that process, I felt that it is
necessary to raise my concerns to the community. If these concerns have
already been addressed and managed, I sincerely apologize for generating
this noise and being paranoid.

Specifically, my questions are:
1. Do changes in this magnitude warrant a mini-review?
2. Is it a good idea that the new implementation be reviewed by other boost
threading experts such as Peter and/or Howard? Take it to the next level,
does it make sense to have a peer review process for at least significant
changes?

Regards,

Sean