From: David Rodríguez Ibeas (dibeas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-15 06:39:44

Hi,

   I would consider

On 10/10/07, John Femiani <JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> aligned_storage.hpp:160: [L001] trailing whitespace
> -fix1: vera++ -transform trim_right aligned_storage.hpp
> -fix2: vera++ -transform som_other_transform
> aligned_storage.hpp

I would consider that more like a plugin for whichever IDE you are using
--or a command line report processor. An example would be using a plugin for
Eclipse CDT --now that you mention it--, that runs vera, processes the
output and adds suggestions that are integrated in the IDE project. For us
using plain editors and command line tools, someone (not necessarily Vera++
makers) could come up with a wrapper that suggests solutions. Internalizing
those suggestions into the tool seems unneeded and cumbersome.

> //@ignore_rule L001

I agree on this with some previous post: I don't think that is a good
option, mainly for two reasons. First it implies adding comments in the code
to control some external tool, second if you start that path, you'll end up
with a comment to control how vi indents, emacs options, vera++ options,
another tools options...

   David