From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-16 18:00:23

Bjørn Roald wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> Vera++ also sounds good too. I'll look at both.
>>

> Vera++ may also provide a good path to supporting replacing boost with
> nested namespaces as I think it may be capable of reliably locating
> end braces of the original boost namespace. To approaches comes to
> mind. Use Vera++ to modify code directly or use it to enforce tagging
> of ending braces like this:
>
> } // end namespace boost
>
> In which case the rest would be trivial in bcp.

Also, Vera++ could be useful to fix potential issues such as include
guards without BOOST in symbols:

#ifndef PROGRAM_OPTIONS_VP_2003_05_19
#define PROGRAM_OPTIONS_VP_2003_05_19

should be

#ifndef BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_VP_2003_05_19
#define BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_VP_2003_05_19

allowing the bcp translation to replace it with:

#ifndef MYLIB_BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_VP_2003_05_19
#define MYLIB_BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_VP_2003_05_19

which would be much safer in allowing proper side-by-side headers from
two versions of boost.

--
Bjørn