From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 04:03:46

>> A nice idea is to fork AntiGrain 2.4 into something Boost-like
>> and integrate it with GIL. If I had time to spare, this is what
>> I would do.

Having worked with GIL now for over a year, I can honestly say that it is a
real break through for graphics developers. The concept of a submimage_view
is very
supportive of creating generic functional components, similar in a way to
your spirit library. GIL is a superb base upon which to build
a graphics library.

Working with experts in functional programming like yourself,
using GIL as a base, developing a graphics library for simple primitves,
such
as lines, circles and polygons would be a trivial matter,
and its already basically finished.

Anti-grain is a half-finished library which works well in areas. However,
I'm persuaded that GIL is the library upon which I think will
ultmiately prevail. With adobe supporting the GIL library, who support
functional programmers with many of their open-source offerings,
it seems like a much better bet to go with adobe. I've moved my application
to GIL and have not looked back.

I encourage you and any other graphics programmers to give it a strong look.
If I can persuade you to look harder at GIL, I would love to pick your brain
about how to make a graphics library that works as well as your spirit
library.