From: Malte Clasen (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 11:13:11

Tom Brinkman wrote:
>>> A nice idea is to fork AntiGrain 2.4 into something Boost-like
>>> and integrate it with GIL. If I had time to spare, this is what
>>> I would do.
> [...]
> Working with experts in functional programming like yourself,
> using GIL as a base, developing a graphics library for simple primitves,
> such
> as lines, circles and polygons would be a trivial matter,
> and its already basically finished.

It may be trivial for simple primitives, but implementing a feature set
comparable to AntiGrain with equivalent performance is far from that.

> Anti-grain is a half-finished library which works well in areas. However,
> I'm persuaded that GIL is the library upon which I think will
> ultmiately prevail.

AntiGrain is written in a quite generic way, so replacing the included
pixel storage back-end with GIL should be possible with reasonable
effort. The strongest feature in AntiGrain is the fast high-quality
rasterization, which is independent of the underlying image representation.

Malte