From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 05:18:03

Nicola Musatti wrote:
> I expect it to be much worse than that: trunk evolved for about a
> year and a half since the 1.34 branch was created. I don't think it's
> realistic to move new libraries onto 1.34.1 and expect them to work
> straight away.
>
> What I believe it's going to happen, judging from recent postings by
> some of the moderators, is that the new release branch is based on
> 1.34.1 and libraries are going to be moved over one by one in a
> controlled way, with insufficiently stable ones reverted to their
> 1.34.1 version (or just removed if they weren't in the previous
> release). This makes more sense to me.

Correct, and anything not ready won't be merged to the new release at all:
basically the default assumption is "Ship 1.34", and folks have to
demonstrate that their new code in Trunk is ready to be merged to release.
But ultimately as release manager Beman has the final say on everything!

Regards, John.