From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 05:01:41

Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl <at> getdesigned.at> writes:

> Michael Caisse wrote:
> > Was there any consideration of doing a release that consisted
> > of 1.34.1 and new libraries that have been accepted recently.
> >
> > No other changes.
> >
> Aren't there new libraries that depend on changes since 1.34.1?

I expect it to be much worse than that: trunk evolved for about a year and a
half since the 1.34 branch was created. I don't think it's realistic to move new
libraries onto 1.34.1 and expect them to work straight away.

What I believe it's going to happen, judging from recent postings by some of the
moderators, is that the new release branch is based on 1.34.1 and libraries are
going to be moved over one by one in a controlled way, with insufficiently
stable ones reverted to their 1.34.1 version (or just removed if they weren't in
the previous release). This makes more sense to me.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti