From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 10:24:17

Nicola Musatti wrote:
> Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl <at> getdesigned.at> writes:
>
> I expect it to be much worse than that: trunk evolved for about a year and a
> half since the 1.34 branch was created. I don't think it's realistic to move new
> libraries onto 1.34.1 and expect them to work straight away.

Actually it works pretty well. I did a test about 5 months ago of putting all
the new libraries on 1.34 and it worked fine. I'm an advocate of 1.35 being
released with just new libraries, but I'm willing to give the
controlled/limited update approach a chance. As part of the release team,
I'll be watching for regressions so we can revert quickly to a stable base.

Jeff