From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-18 02:33:32

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>> Joel de Guzman wrote:
>>

>>> A nice idea is to fork AntiGrain 2.4 into something Boost-like
>>> and integrate it with GIL. If I had time to spare, this is what
>>> I would do.
>>>
>> Do you really mean integrate, as opposed to, say, layer on top of ?
>> It seems to me GIL serves a rather specific domain, which rendering
>> is not strictly a part of.
>>

> Yep "layer on top of" is what I mean.

- and on top of that a layer of simpler to use (or more conventional)
2D, 3D, APIs. A good start is the existing Agg2D

- and on top of that ...

I like this idea a lot myselves. But as it stands licencing may be an
issue if someone ever makes a boost proposal based on AGG. Even if the
existing AntiGrain 2.4 is under a licence that may be fully compatible
with boost, it is not the Boost Software Licence. Is this an issue that
should be attemted resolved up front? Clearly the best way is to get
the copyright holder to re-licence or tripple-licence if you like AGG
2.4. I have no idea whether that is realistic, however he once
approached the mailing list to see if there was interest for an early
version of AGG.

--
Bjørn