From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-18 05:08:53

Sohail Somani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When is the expected release for the Boost.Math toolkit that was
> recently accepted?

Code and docs are now basically stable and in mainline SVN. At present I'm
working on hammering down as many test-failures as possible so that it's
fully functional on as many platforms/compilers as possible, if you ignore
the "usual suspects" (Borland, Compaq C++ etc), then it's already doing
quite well:
http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/math.html

Currently the main remaining problems are on Solaris with Sun's compiler
(Sun on Linux is OK for me locally, I'm waiting for the test results to
cycle to see if I've fixed Solaris as well), and IBM xlc on AIX: these
results have only just been posted so I haven't had a chance to look into
them yet. Other issues may show up as more test results get posted from
more platforms. Even so, I'm moderately hopeful of a 1.35 release (ie
before Christmas), provided no showstoppers show up!

In the mean time: the SVN version has been stable on Win32, Linux and HP-UX
for some time, so you could grab a snapshot of that. Otherwise the Trunk
contains the latest "bleading edge" platform-specific fixes for those
compilers I don't have personal access to. If anyone can help in
porting/testing on any of the platforms that are currently failing or not
getting tested, then that would be great too :-)

HTH, John Maddock.