From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-19 01:04:46

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Those of you who use minmial.hpp have to add boost/test/minimal in
>>> requirements section of Jamfile.
>>> Those who are using included variant of the UTF should add
>>> boost/test/included.

To be exact, /boost/test//minimal and /boost/test//included

>>> This is nessesary to enable async exceptions for msvc toolset. Otherwise
>>> some of the Boost.Test functionality may not work as expected,
>>> especially with msvc 8.0.
>>
>> IIUC, you are proposing a breaking change.
>
> I am not proposing any changes. This is how it was for a long while.
>
>> How many libraries are affected?
>
> I don't really know. I just notices it in SmokeTest result page.
>
> I had a discussion with Volodya yesterday and he says BB can't figure it
> out by itself and this is what he proposed.
>
> I obviously would prefer BB to deduce it somehow automatically, since it
> analyze header dependencies anyway.

To clarify, by "it" Gennadiy means that he wanted that Boost.Build detect
that a source file includes Boost.Test headers, and automatically adds
certain compiler options. And this is not a feature that appears as
common as to warrant a special support, IMO.

- Volodya