From: David Rodríguez Ibeas (dibeas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-19 01:39:52

On 10/19/07, Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> David Rodríguez Ibeas wrote:
> > all
> > classes returned by get_class<n> match an interface defining virtual
> void
> > foo( T const& ) for each possible T
> I'm fuzzy on the past of this thread, but I should point out that member
> templates can't be virtual. The base class would have to change in
> response to a template instantiation on the derived class.
> So if "each possible T" means "each from the set you need", that's fine.
> But not a template.
>
> Sebastian Redl

Thanks for the correction. I was not sure on that! :) My first idea was just
to type the (incorrect) option: template <typename T> virtual void foo(
T&... ), and doubting on whether that was correct I changed it into the
version above version avoiding to mention the template part. What about with
template compilation model with template instantiations for 'each from the
set you need'? Do compilers (which?) support template compilation? I tried
once with g++ but did not succeed.

David