From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-19 04:48:24

Boris Gubenko wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Thank you for continuing to support Boost on Tru64.
>
> I've asked Rich Peterson to review your implementation. I don't know
> yet when (and if) Rich will be able to do it.

That would be really great if someone knowledgeable could review the
implementation.

> I think
>
> #elif defined(__osf__)
>
> should be:
>
> #elif defined(__osf__) && defined(__DECCXX)
>
> to not break compilation with gcc.

You are right. I will add it.

> I'm a bit surprised you did not use __ATOMIC_EXCH_LONG in atomic_write32().

Two reasons. 1) I didn't think of it. 2) The guarantees given by volatile
seemed OK.

Do you think I should change it to use __ATOMIC_EXCH_LONG?

> I'm also not sure why you decided to implement atomic_cas32() in asm
> language instead of using __CMP_STORE_LONG:

[...]

Because cas32 returns the old value, but __CMP_STORE_LONG does not.

> Anyway, Rich is an expert in this stuff and, hopefully, he will be able
> to review your implementation.

Looking forward to it.

Markus