From: Benjamin Collins (ben.collins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-20 02:23:42

A common problem that occurs when building mpich2 is that SEEK_SET,
SEEK_CUR, and SEEK_END are all defined. mpich2 (specifically
mpicxx.h) requires them to be unset to avoid problems caused by both
the MPI interface and stdio using them.

Anyway, the suggested solution is to #undef each macro before #include
<mpi.h>. I tried that in the mpi library, and it still failed to
build. I also tried adding <define>MPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK=1 to the mpi
Jamfile. Alas, it didn't fix the problem either. The failure occurs
when building release/threading-multi/collective.o

How are users of mpich2+boost::mpi getting around this problem?

--
Benjamin A. Collins <aggieben_at_[hidden]>
http://bloggoergosum.us