From: Douglas Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-22 12:10:41

On Oct 20, 2007, at 2:23 AM, Benjamin Collins wrote:

> A common problem that occurs when building mpich2 is that SEEK_SET,
> SEEK_CUR, and SEEK_END are all defined. mpich2 (specifically
> mpicxx.h) requires them to be unset to avoid problems caused by both
> the MPI interface and stdio using them.

Thanks for pointing this out. This trips me up every time I use
MPICH2, because after fixing the problem I forget again :)

> Anyway, the suggested solution is to #undef each macro before #include
> <mpi.h>. I tried that in the mpi library, and it still failed to
> build. I also tried adding <define>MPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK=1 to the mpi
> Jamfile. Alas, it didn't fix the problem either. The failure occurs
> when building release/threading-multi/collective.o

How about putting a

        #define MPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK 1

at the top of boost/mpi/config.hpp, before the inclusion of mpi.h?

If that works for you, I'll go ahead and make the change in
Subversion. I'd normally just test this myself, but I don't have easy
access to an MPICH2 installation at the moment.

        - Doug