From: Chris Fairles (chris.fairles_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-22 11:50:32

Adobe has a "property model" and a "layout model" library (Adam and
Eve) which might serve as a starting point and they already have a
carbon interface and something for windows (no gtk/qt/wx so far as i
know).

http://opensource.adobe.com/group__asl__overview.html#asl_overview_adam_and_eve_architecture_overview

Not sure if its useful to build from or contribute to but its out there.

Chris