From: Jurko Gospodnetic' (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 02:25:24

   Hi.

>> Something like:
>>
>> --build-type=minimal (default single variant)
>>
>> --build-type=complete (as many variants as possible)
>
> And what would be the behaviour of use specified --build-type=XXX together
> with some explicit options. Well, I actually know the most easily implementable
> one, but I'm not sure it will be intuitive.

   I vote for the following (in the order of preference):

- make build-type have less priority so parts of it can be overridden.
- apply them in the order specified

   Btw... when this is implemented, could someone add a description of
how to implement such an option in the boost build documentation? It
would be in line with the planned documentation effort and the
documentation does lack such 'real world' examples for extending a
default boost build.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetic'