From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 02:48:55

2007/10/23, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:

> Most of the bigger infrastructure issues that were getting in the way
> have now been solved. The tarballs are working again, the missing files
> in the release/branch have been found, and both trunk and release branch
> regression reporting is cycling smoothly.
>
> There are still some outstanding testing issues, but they are at the
> level of individual test platforms rather than the whole testing system.
>
> Both developers and patch submitters have been active, so it isn't like
> we are starting from scratch, but the emphasis for release management is
> shifting to focus on reducing test failures in individual libraries.
>
> Looking at the regression test results, I'd like to call attention to
> these failures:
>
> conversion: lexical_cast_loopback_test on many platforms
>
> graph: csr_graph_test on many platforms
>
> python: import_ on many platforms
>
> range: iterator_range and sub_range on many platforms
>
> typeof: experimental_* on many platforms

I added the experimental_* tests temporarily a couple of weeks ago and
removed them from svn after a few days, but the regression test system does
not automatically check to see if a test has been deleted, so they remain as
ghost results. Is there a common way to deal with this problem?

Peder

These are particularly worrisome from the release management standpoint