From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-31 21:50:59

on Wed Oct 31 2007, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

> Marshall Clow wrote:
>> Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=severity&milestone=Boost+1.35.0&order=priority
>>> shows all the tickets that have been assigned to the 1.35.0 milestone.
>>> Does this list have any meaning? In other words, are we actually
>>> intending to address all of these problems for 1.35, and put off other
>>> tickets for 1.35.1 or 1.36.0?
>>
>> Personally, I'd like to see all the submitted patches "dealt with" for 1.35.
>> Either apply them or reject them. [ There are about 50 outstanding patches ]
>
> Patches seem a particularly high priority to me, too.
>
> I've reproduced the latest patch report from Marshall so we can all see
> who the guilty parties are:-)
>
> Developers, now is a great time to clear your outstanding patches!

IMO, promising patches that are merely new features that haven't been
in testing for some time should be assigned to the 1.36.0 milestone
rather than "cleared" by either integrating them or rejecting them.

Patches should only be a high priority if they fix bugs... and in that
case they should come with a test that breaks until the bug is fixed.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting