From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 10:55:18

on Thu Nov 01 2007, Jens Seidel <jensseidel-AT-users.sf.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 09:32:20AM -0000, Martin Bonner wrote:
>> From: Jens Seidel
>> >
>> > This message is misleading as it probably means that 48 patches are in
>> > the bug data base but *not* filed today. Maybe you should drop
>> > "today"?
>>
>> I don't think the message is wrong. "submitted" is being used as an
>
> Maybe, but I'm no native speaker and interpreted it wrong. If it is
> possible to clarify it, why not?

I agree. Even by a native speaker, it's easily interpreted as "we had
48 submitted patches today."

Isn't it really the case that the number represents the number of
"open" patch tickets?

[ 48 open patch tickets yesterday, 49 last week ]

Frankly I don't think we should be sending out a separate email about
patches, because after all as Peter points out, they are all either
bug fixes or feature requests, and just theoretically easier for the
developer to apply. We probably shouldn't even have a separate
category for patches. IMO they should all be sorted into one of the
other categories.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting