From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 15:57:06

David Abrahams wrote:

> Did you miss my posting? I'm a little unsure of the reason for yours.
> I posted a link to the full diffs of the merged result, so people
> could apply the merges without going through a bunch of svn fun.

I personally didn't find full text file diffs very useful. What I really
wanted was a visual diff of just the files I'm responsible for. One easy
way to get that is to use the TortoiseSVN merge dialog, and click the
diff button. TortoiseSVN is set to invoke my preferred visual diff program.

OTOH, I did find your listing of names and files very useful, and wanted
to be sure developers directed their full attention to it.

--Beman