From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 17:10:55

on Wed Oct 31 2007, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:

> on Mon Oct 29 2007, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:
>
>>> I strongly suggest that all other Boost authors do the command above
>>> and inspect "merged (M)," "conflict (C)," and "added (A)" files that
>>> they may have touched during the 1.34.x release cycle, or we may find
>>> that we've dropped important improvements. One place you should
>>> especially check is in your test/ directories, to make sure that you
>>> haven't unintentionally dropped any tests between then and now. If
>>> your testing is complete and you make sure nothing is dropped, in
>>> theory, dropped features and bugfixes won't be able to hide. But
>>> there are also documentation changes, so I wouldn't take anything for
>>> granted ;-)
>>
>> Err, wait: that diff doesn't do what I thought it did.
>
> Okay, here's what I did: looked at
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/log/branches/RC_1_34_0 for the first
> revision of the RC_1_34_1 branch, which turned out to be 37476.
>
> Then I did:
>
> svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk boost-merge
> cd boost-merge && svn merge -r37476:HEAD https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/RC_1_34_0/boost .
>
> That merged all the changes from the 1.34.0 branch into the trunk.

Actually I was wrong :(

The correct place to look for the base revision of 1.34.0 was:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/log/branches/RC_1_34_0?action=stop_on_copy&rev=&stop_rev=&mode=path_history

Which reveals the base revision as 33417, not 37476

The whole process will have to be repeated again; I'm sure it will
reveal a lot more unmerged changes. I'll try to get to it later
tonight.

I don't know why svn wants us to jump through these hoops,
incidentally, it should be able to find the last common revision of
two branches automatically.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting