From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 18:00:51

Robert Ramey:

> It seems to me that when I get an assertion in my GCC compilers the test
> is still being marked as "pass"
>
> I'm using lightweight test in the follow way. Does anyone have any
> suggestions?

> BOOST_TEST(e.what());

> BOOST_TEST("failed with uncaught exception:");

BOOST_TEST( expression ) tests whether expression is true. You might need
BOOST_ERROR for the above two if you want them to be flagged as a test
failure and output their argument as the reason.

I took a quick look at the serialization tests though and I don't see
anything resembling the above; everything in test_tools.hpp seems fine.