From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-06 08:33:46

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 01:08:09PM +0100, Marco wrote:
> Now the library tutorial is available in quickbook format
> on the Boost Sandbox Repository:
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/overload/trunk/

tutorial.qbk has the svn:executable property set, please remove it.
I recommend to check also other files, also outside of overload/.

I also suggested already to avoid spaces before punctation such as "."
or "!" in README_FIRST.txt as this is unusual in English. You should
also write headlines with a capital (e.g. "what's new", "description").

I didn't know the quickbook format and expected something as texi or
XML but it looks nice ...

Will read it carefully this evening.

> At present it is more a supportive paper than
> real library documentation, however it can give
> some enlightenment on the overload tutorial terminology
> and some involving concept.

Yep, thanks.

> Finally, I want to point out that even if the library
> seems enough stable you should be aware
> that it didn't still go through rigorous testing,
> and that refactoring and breaking changes are still possible.

Isn't this also possible for released Boost code as Boost doesn't
support a fixed ABI or API (which is a reason for some projects not to
use Boost at all)?

> So if you're using Boost.Overload for your projects you'd
> keep in mind that at this stage of development I can't
> warrant backward compatibility of future library release.

Do other Boost libraries do this?

Thanks,
Jens