From: Marco (mrcekets_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-06 10:10:12

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:33:46 +0100, Jens Seidel <jensseidel_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 01:08:09PM +0100, Marco wrote:
>> Now the library tutorial is available in quickbook format
>> on the Boost Sandbox Repository:
>> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/overload/trunk/
>
> tutorial.qbk has the svn:executable property set, please remove it.
> I recommend to check also other files, also outside of overload/.

I'd have removed the svn:executable property from all library files.

> I also suggested already to avoid spaces before punctation such as "."
> or "!" in README_FIRST.txt as this is unusual in English. You should
> also write headlines with a capital (e.g. "what's new", "description").

Ok, sorry I didn't apply your patch because of the folder layout changed.

> I didn't know the quickbook format and expected something as texi or
> XML but it looks nice ...
>
> Will read it carefully this evening.

Thanks :-) You can transform it in XML format with quickbook.
Take into account that my English language
deficiencies go beyond punctation issues.

> Isn't this also possible for released Boost code as Boost doesn't
> support a fixed ABI or API (which is a reason for some projects not to
> use Boost at all)?
>
>> So if you're using Boost.Overload for your projects you'd
>> keep in mind that at this stage of development I can't
>> warrant backward compatibility of future library release.
>
> Do other Boost libraries do this?

Well, I wanted only to say that the library is still
in an evolving state. So changes are more likely than
for an accepted or released Boost Library.

> Thanks,
> Jens

I'm still getting in confidence with boost guidelines
and subversion so thanks a lot for pointing out the issues.

Marco