From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-08 08:28:20

I just ran into the problem, that I tried to compile a program
that was using boost::recursive_mutex.

It seems that this type has been removed from the library as a
consequence of the rewrite. While this might be fine in principle
I am left with the following questions:

1) Where is the documentation of the new threading library?

2) Are all users expected to either upgrade their code or stick
    with the old version? (Might b e problematic for those that
    need e.g. asio and thread.)

3) Is there a document that will help in migration? I.e. a
    document showing what has changed and how user code can be
    modified?

4) Do we have to expect that the new thread lib will go into 1.35?

Regards,

Roland aka speedsnail