From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-10 04:39:01

John Torjo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've seen that usually MPTasks seems to be obsolete. Is that so? Anyone
> still using this?

What do you mean?

1) Is the macro BOOST_HAS_MPTASKS obsolete

or

2) Where has the boost thread based on MPTasks gone to?

ad 1) Of course not, since code that relies on this macro still needs
       it. But to my knowledge the boost thread lib was the only boost
       library that mad use of it.

ad 2) boost thread has abandoned MPTasks because the original maintainer
       told me it's obsolete. If not so, and you know somewhom who likes
       to write a fresh implementation, please speak up and contact
       Anthony Williams or me to integrate the work into the boost thread
       framework.

Roland aka speedsnail