From: John Torjo (john.groups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-13 06:24:30

Hi Jens,
> Hi John,
>
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 11:06:29AM +0200, John Torjo wrote:
>
>> Applied, thanks :)
>>

> please avoid top posting. You know why, right? (Otherwise search the
> web for it.)

I will ;)
> I have not yet ported my code to use the new logger version but I
> nevertheless think the code compiles now clean on many systems. Great.

Cool!
> John, you should improve your commits and the SVN log messages a little
> bit. If you recieve a patch you should e.g. commit it (more or less)
> unchanged and mention the submitter even with email address. I do not

Oh, did not know that.

> Currently I think you work locally with another version control system
> or maybe even without to collect your stuff (which you call versions)

Not really. The thing is that I look at the patch, and see what your
intent was - so I fix the code - perhaps in a different way, but to
achieve the same results ;)
That is, fixing the compile errors.
> before you commit. Probably the commits are done automatically once you
> start a special action? Please note that there is no need to set the date
> in the svn log. It's the task of Subversion to handle it.

I know that ;)
It's just simple for me to do it since I maintain it anyway in the
changelog - and then, I copy/paste from there.
It helps me to know the dates I've done changes and it helps me easily
remember which version is on my site :
http://torjo.com/log2/doc/html/page_changelog.html#changelog_cur_ver

Thanks for all your help!

Best,
John

--
http://John.Torjo.com -- C++ expert
... call me only if you want things done right