From: Ben Bear (benbearchen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-13 08:39:29

I put a implementation in:
http://www.bxmy.org/combi/combination.hpp
only contains "Without repetition" functions. And I'll write an example.

The partial_permutation is so simple, so it's should be very solid.
We can test combinations using partial_permutation. Because
partial_permutation(first, middle, last)'s results contain all
combination(first, middle, last)'s results, and if
partial_permutation's [first, middle) is like sorted, it's a
combinatin. I had do this test.

A interesting of combination. We can define ONE function to replace
next_ and prev_combination, that is:

bool combiantion(BiIter selected_first, BiIter selected_last,
                         BiIter unselected_first, BiIter unselected_last);

Now, next_combination(first, middle, last) equal combination(first,
middle, middle, last).
And prev_combination(first, middle, last) equal combination(middle,
last, first, middle).

I'm sorry. I just can't understand your combinations and permutations
with repetitions. I need time to think about this. But I think your
idea is good :-)