From: Drew Hohmann (drew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 12:55:30

>> I am saving multiple classes which contain STL collections, and in turn
>> those STL collections contain classes that contain more STL
collections.
>> A sample XML file follows.
>>
>> The problem occurs when I try and move the XML file into a database,
and
>> I receive the error "The table (item) cannot be the child table to
>> itself in nested relations."

>I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Is the generated XML file
>well-formed ? Is it valid, according to whatever document-type
>definition might exist ?
>
>It sounds as if your database imposes additional constraints (unrelated
>to XML), that are not met by the XML-generation of boost.serialization.
>
>If that's the case, may be you can post-process the XML by renaming
>certain nodes (using an XSLT transformation, say) ?
>
>Regards,
> Stefan

The XML is valid and correct. I'd like to derive a serialization class
which can write directly into a database, which would bypass saving to
XML then importing into a database. Obviously the derived class would
have to resolve the nested table issue. I think the XML serialization
would be useful to more people if it didn't create different tables with
the same name.
Drew