From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 15:25:37

Boris Gubenko wrote:
> Ion Gaztanaga wrote:
>> I wasn't expecting permission problems, though ;-) Could you tell me a
>> shared memory name that a user could use successfully in HP-UX?
>
> It is not just HP-UX. You would've had the same problem on Tru64 or VMS
> if the codepath that is taken on HP-UX was executed on these platforms --
> see below.

Ok, I see. Detecting POSIX conformance is really a nightmare ;-) I think
I should just check for _POSIX_SHARED_MEMORY_OBJECTS, because I don't
want to miss native shared memory for systems that support it.

I suppose I have the same problem for other posix features like
_POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED. So if I understand it correctly, checking
only for the existence of option macros should be enough if I want to
support SUSV2 systems, right?

> To answer your question, I think, that prepending
> "/tmp/boost_interprocess/" to the name is a good solution. You already do
> it on platforms which fail your shared memory objects availability check.

Ok. If POSIX_SHARED_MEMORY_OBJECTS is defined, I will add a prefix to
the shared memory name on HP-UX, Tru64, VMS and other future systems
that have filesystem based shared memory.

Thanks again,

Ion