From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-19 15:16:36

Gregory Dai wrote:
> I googled "httpd" and "C++ socket", etc. There are quite a few things turned
> up for the latter, but to my surprise, few for the former. I'm looking for a
> good example of the former, which probably has to be built on top of the
> latter. The few I found through search on the net are pretty much in the old
> C/C++/MFC paradigm; I prefer something more modern and in terms of quality
> and caliber closer to the libraries in the boost collection.
>
> Any suggestion?

What sort of license do you prefer?

You can find my effort, which uses a Boost.Spirit parser to parse HTTP
requests, here:
https://svn.chezphil.org/libpbe/trunk/include/HttpDaemon.hh. I doubt
it will meet you "quality and calibre" requirements thought...

There is a C++ module for Apache, but it doesn't seem to have been
updated for Apache 2.2.

AppWeb might be worth a look - it seems to be more C++-friendly than
some of the alternative "light weight" HTTP servers.

Regards,

Phil.