From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-24 08:25:20

Hello,

The trunk version of Boost.Serialization is having problems
with all the DLL, non-wide char variants of MingW tests, see
for instance http://tinyurl.com/2j7dq2 . Although it's not
apparent from the regression tests output (the messages are
totally misguiding), my local tests indicate that the problem
is related to the inability of boost_serialization (no w)
to build due to some mising std::codecvt<wchar_t, char, int>
member functions. This is expected as MingW is long known
to have defective wide char support.

The reason why current tests are failing when they were
passing in Boost 1.34.1 is the seemingly inadvertent move
of codecvt_null from WSOURCES to SOURCES in boost/libs
serialization/build/Jamfile.v2:

Trunk: http://tinyurl.com/2wxjfy
Boost 1.34.1: http://tinyurl.com/32bx8d

codecvt_null.cpp deals exclusively with wchar_t functionality,
so it need not be in boost_serialization, only in
boost_wserialization. The attached patch corrects this. I've
checked it locally in a MinGW installation and it makes
(non-wide) serialization-dependent tests pass. OK to commit?

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo