From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-24 08:40:05

"JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The trunk version of Boost.Serialization is having problems
> with all the DLL, non-wide char variants of MingW tests, see
> for instance http://tinyurl.com/2j7dq2 . Although it's not
> apparent from the regression tests output (the messages are
> totally misguiding), my local tests indicate that the problem
> is related to the inability of boost_serialization (no w)
> to build due to some mising std::codecvt<wchar_t, char, int>
> member functions. This is expected as MingW is long known
> to have defective wide char support.
>
> The reason why current tests are failing when they were
> passing in Boost 1.34.1 is the seemingly inadvertent move
> of codecvt_null from WSOURCES to SOURCES in boost/libs
> serialization/build/Jamfile.v2:
>
> Trunk: http://tinyurl.com/2wxjfy
> Boost 1.34.1: http://tinyurl.com/32bx8d
>
> codecvt_null.cpp deals exclusively with wchar_t functionality,
> so it need not be in boost_serialization, only in
> boost_wserialization. The attached patch corrects this. I've
> checked it locally in a MinGW installation and it makes
> (non-wide) serialization-dependent tests pass. OK to commit?

Please see http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/11/130828.php and
http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/11/130831.php.

My machine is tied up at present: can you double check that moving
codecvt_null.cpp to boost_wserialization breaks dll building of
Serialization with msvc? (I'm 99% sure it will do if the header is included
by any of the sources).

Then try Robert's suggestion of changing the export declaration to
BOOST_WARCHIVE_DECL and see if it works as expected: you'll probably need to
run the serialization regression tests with both msvc and mingw to be sure,
which may take a while :-(

HTH, John.