From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-25 23:12:06

Hi Everyone,

I've recently tried the suggestion in the Boost.Build documentation
regarding the use of the lib rule to name libraries that can be
supplied as dependencies and having the library available in the
search path. I have a Jamfile that looks like:

project my_project :
  requirements <include>..
  <link>static
  ;

lib some_system_installed_lib : : <name>mylib ;

exe my_exe : my_main.cpp some_system_installed_lib ;

I then get the 'warn: Unable to construct <library target name>'
message when running bjam. Am I doing something wrong? I'm referring
to this page: http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/tasks/libraries.html
and I'm using the bjam updated to today.

Have a good day everyone.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.