From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-26 10:58:46

Hi!

I find the asio docs a little terse about what it has to say
about close / shutdown.

Will close always block?
Will shutdown block?

What puzzles me is that the doc say that close will cancel
outstanding async calls. I assume this means calls from
where I did not have received a callback handler, yes?

May I conclude from this, that when I invoke close from
the last callback (I know there are no more pending callbacks)
that close will do a graceful shutdown, i.e. deliver all
buffered data to the receiver?

Is there an example showing how to do a graceful shutdown?

Is there an example that demonstrates shutdown?

Why are there no asyn_ versions of these operations available?

Thank you

Roland aka speedsnail