From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-27 05:20:10

Robert Ramey schrieb:
> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>> Robert Ramey wrote:
>
>>> c)I've noticed that bjam doesn't detect failure of test_exported
>>> which is an imported test. I've got it passing on my branch
>>> but I don't know what the true status is on the trunk.
>> The test_exported tests are failing for a wide range of testers. (gcc
>> 4.1.1, gcc 4.2.1, gcc 4.3.0, hp_cxx) What do you mean by saying that
>> this failure isn't detected by bjam?
>
> When I tested on my own system, i was getting a test that trapped on
> an assert(false) being marked "pass". This was when compiled for
> debug. When I compiled for release, the test failed with "unregistered
> cast".
> I wasn't particularly confident that I wasn't making some sort of mistake
> or drawing some false conclusion, but I believe that it was subsequently
> confirmed and a bjam fix was checked in - (at least for *nix).
>
>>From looking at
> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/serialization.html
> I'm don't know for a fact which variant is being run.

 From looking at the compiler options of the failing tests, I would
think that the gcc tests are run in the debug variant. And I'm sure that
hp_cxx is running the debug variant, as I'm the one running the tests.

> So it seems that here are couple of real possibilities:
>
> a) export functionality fails on gcc 4.1+ compilers. Seems quite likely
> from
> looking at the table and the fact the implementation of export is
> compiler dependent.

There is hopefully someone around with access to one of these gcc
versions which is able to help. I could look into the failures on hp_cxx
tomorrow, perhaps the failures are related.

> b) It concievable that its failing on all platforms but not being detected.
>
> In any case, I don't have gcc 4.1+ available so its hard for me to look at.
>
> Robert Ramey

Markus