From: Hervé Brönnimann (hervebronnimann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-26 00:57:50

Hi Ben, and Merry Xmas to you too, slightly belatedly (although in my
time zone it was still Xmas an hour ago :)

Ben, I don't know if your emails are lost, I can see as part of this
thread the last messages are dated Dec 24 (11:24am, 10:27am), Dec 23
(8:38pm), Dec 8 (11:19am), Dec 7 (10:17pm, 11:31:am, 5:17am). I
haven't responded as fast as usual(?) because of the holidays.

I've looked at the test code you wrote, not for very long I'm
afraid. I'm glad if we both find no errors in the code.

Regarding the ordering of the sequences for combination counts, your
note was very interesting. I don't know which one is more valuable,
the (ordered) sequence of combination counts, or the sequence of
counts such that the actual combinations are in lexicographical
order. Let's make a decision, soon. One important factor (for me):
Is there an implementation of your algorithm (sequence of counts such
that the actual combinations are in lexicographical order) as a free
function, without state? I.e., with the interface that I give in the
proposal?

Cheers,

--
Hervé Brönnimann